Tuesday 3 April 2012

Basic Saffron Owl...

Hi there,

Tomorrow is the start of my Easter break - woohoo - so I started this evening by getting creative. I played along with the colour challenge by Connie & Mary as well Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday layout:

 

Here's what I came up with:


I used some paper from a Simply Scrappin kit for the background, along with some So Saffron dsp. The owl was mounted on a circle layered on a decorative grey circle cut from the Perfect Pennants die. I stamped some swirls from Season of Joy using Charcoal ink as well as the greeting from Curly Cute with the same ink. I added some Crystal Effects to the owl's eyes and buttons for a bit of shine.

That's all from me for the moment - I'll be back more often over the next couple of weeks and will have some sneak peeks of some new goodies coming in the Summer mini catalogue... {grin!}

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. Aww, this little owl looks so dapper with his shiny poppy buttons! Love the background paper too...so glad you joined us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, like how you stamped the background DSP, too! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I like the DSP and the owl. Super card! Nice to see you at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I just love this little owl! He is so versatile and looks quite dapper on your card!! I love the little red buttons on his vest! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet! I just love the little owl in these colors! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little devil that owl is! Great use of papers on this card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo cute, Amy!! Love that adorable owlie :)

    ReplyDelete