Sunday 8 April 2012

Nautical Mojo...

Hiya,

I've been having fun playing with some new goodies from the UK summer mini catalogue - nothing quite like new stamps! One of the stamp sets called Open Sea is perfect for men's cards (and seeing as I find these quite a challenge, I need all the help I can get!). I pulled out some grungy papers from the main catty (Well Worn) and using the Mojo Monday sketch came up with this:


I love how detailed the images are in this set! I stamped the globe onto a Vanilla circle with Baja Breeze and distressed the edges with Tea Stain ink. That was layered onto a shape die-cut with some brand-new dies coming in the mini catty - I can't put these babies down! The ship was stamped in Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy then cut out and the water was blended a little with an aquabrush. The ribbon piece was tied with new baker's twine with an anchor attached (stamped with Early Espresso then blended and cut out). The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and was stamped on Naturals Ivory and punched with a Word Window punch.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso
Paper: Well Worn dsp, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Black striped grosgrain, island indigo baker's twine, adorning accents edgelits die, framelits die, word window punch, distressing kit

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Amy. I don't know anyone who doesn't struggle with masculine cards! This is fabulous inspiration, I can't wait to see what else is in the new mini, thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete