Sunday, 15 April 2012

Paris Apothecary...

Hi there,

I played along with the Case Study challenge again this week - I just love Laurie's work and casing her seems to result in cards that I'm really happy with! Here's what I ended up with:


I think the 'casing' elements are pretty obvious when you look at Laurie's card...! I used the same colour combo, vintage feel, embossed label, pink flowers, lace... maybe I should list the things I did differently lol!

I used my FAVE set from the new mini catty called Apothecary Art... my word this is a gorgeous stamp set! Right up my street as far as style and detail goes. I stamped the label image on Naturals Ivory cardstock and embossed with black EP then die-cut with the new framelits dies. I added a bit of Crumb Cake ink using an aquabrush to shade a little. The greeting is from the same set and was stamped with Rose Red ink. The background is Crumb Cake card, stamped with images from French Foliage using Crumb Cake ink and then the Eiffel Tower image was stamped over the top with Charcoal ink. I sponged and distressed the edges to imitate the shabby chic feel of Laurie's card. The flowers were created by die-cutting some circles from the Circles #2 die and cutting them into spirals and making rolled flowers - the leaves were cut from Soft Suede card using the Little Leaves die. I added some lace and some AMAZING new pleated ribbon from the summer mini as well as a few pearls to finish.

This card also fits with the Crafty Friends Challenge - to use two die cuts on your card.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Apothecary Art, French Foliage, Artistic Etchings
Ink: Versamark, Crumb Cake, Charcoal, Rose Red
Paper: Mocha Morning dsp, Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory, Basic Black
Tools: Framelits dies, Little Leaves die, Circles #2 die, distressing tool
Accessories: Chantilly lace trim, Blushing Bride pleated ribbon, Black EP, pearls

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love those rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy - your card is gorgeous! I love the image and the palette you have used, gives such a nostalgic feel! Gorgeous flowers too! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card.. Your rolled flowers are great.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy, this card is stunning! I love everything about it. Thanks so much for participating in the Crafty Friends challenge.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous Amy!!! Love the colors and every little detail. You are very creative. Gloria

    Visit my blog - would love more members.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy,
    I would like to nominate you and your fabulous blog for the Liebster award. check out my blog this evening to find out more.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drop dead gorgeous!!! Love it!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #62 with a link back to your blog on 4-22-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy!!! This is such a gorgeous card, love everything!!! Thank you for playing the CASE Study this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Amy! Congrats on the win! You absolutely deserve it!!! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :) - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card, Amy. Love the colour combo and those lovely rolled roses. Many thanks for the Blog award; I appreciate your kind gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Amy, I love your gorgeous style, you are so talented, this card is amazing!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK I've seen enough - your blog is BEAUTIFUL! Count me in as your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete