Friday 27 July 2012

Christmas mashup...

Hiya!

At the Friday Mashup this week it's time to get festive..!


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project "For Christmas."
  2. Or Make a "Greeting Card & Decorate the Inside."
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Christmas Card & Decorate the Inside."

I actually ran a Christmas in July class last Saturday which was great fun so I thought I'd share one of those cards for this challenge.


I created a window using the Labels Framelits dies - and embossed a frame around by using the next size up and using the crease mat for the Big Shot instead of a cutting mat. I attached a piece of vellum behind the frame to create a frosted effect, added a mini silver brad to each corner then popped it up with dimensionals. The image underneath is a piece of attic boutique dsp stamped with Dasher with some 'snow drifts' added, created with the edgelits die and coordinating embossing folder. The sentiment from Curly Cute was embossing with silver EP on Island Indigo card.

Here's a shot to show that I decorated the inside too...



Make sure you check out the rest of the design team's creations over at the Friday Mashup!

Just wanted to show you what we found outside our door this morning...


She was cold, hungry and very friendly and had no collar either (she only looks around 8 weeks old). I tried leaving her outside but she cried (loudly enough for me to hear her inside!) so I brought her inside and gave her some watered down milk while I went to see if I could find her owners -  knocked on the surrounding neigbours' doors but no one knew anything about her. She's certainly made herself at home, exploring the place and letting our other cats know that she can hold her own lol! Am going to take her to the vet tomorrow to see if she has a microchip - if not, we'll have to decide what to do with her, although if she has a say in it she'll probably want to stay! Adorable though eh..?

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Amy! I think I'll have to CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the window and how you used the vellum, such a beautiful way to showcase that great image!

    Oh my goodness that kitty is adorable! She would definitely stay if it was my house, we're suckers like that here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, 110% divine! I love this card. It's so peaceful and serene.
    That kitten certainly is a sweetheart. Keep us posted on whether or not you have a new addition after the vet trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that kitty is adorable.. I think she should stay if she's free and clear on the microchip.. She is just too cute! I love what you did with your card. What a great idea for the snowdrifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!!!! I love the window cut with the framelits and the embossed frame! Your hills from the edgelit and embossing folder are genius! This is such a pretty and elegant christmas card! Also, your little friend is just adorable! I couldn't let go of a cutie like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the frosty look, the frame, the hills.... but that's nothing next to little kitty! I've got one that came to my window 7 years ago laying next to me. Be careful, those kitties that are bold enough to find a new home are quite spunky!

    ReplyDelete