Saturday 15 December 2012

Dynamic Golden Engagement..

Hiya,

This week's challenge at Dynamic Duos is an elegant one...


I'm continuing to make cards for my sister's long list and one that I didn't have any of was engagement cards...


When I saw the colour combo I immediately thought of embossing the heart image from You are Loved with gold EP so that's where I started. I trimmed it out by hand and layered onto some retired dsp that featured music notation. The background is some brushed gold card that I embossed with the lacy brocade folder (this is such a pretty and delicate pattern - love it!). I stamped 'Congratulations' from Love & Laughter in the gap on the sheet music then stamped the engagement sentiment (from the same set) on Very Vanilla and die-cut with one of the Itty Bitty Banner dies. I added some pearls to finish things off. I used the Freshly Made Sketch this week for my layout...

The rest of the team have some fabulous inspiration for you this week - make sure you check out what they've created!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. I love the direction you've gone with this challenge! How perfect for an engagemant card. I'm loving the heart with the gold embossing!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy the gold embossing on black is just gorgeous! Have a wonderful holiday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very elegant! The embossed heart is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Amy! Love that embossing! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant! I had forgotten about that pretty DSP with the musical notes! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant card! I love the design.

    ReplyDelete