Sunday 16 December 2012

Rustic snowflake...

Hi there,

This week I'm sad to say is my last week as a part of the Paper Players design team. I've had so much fun playing along with the fabulously talented DT and their fun challenges each week - I'm really gonna miss them! Thanks so much to Lesley for the opportunity to be a designer on this team - it's been a blast! There's another great group of designers starting in January though so I'm looking forward to seeing the wonderful inspiration they provide!

Anyways, this week Ann has got a CAS challenge for us...


I had the idea floating around in my head for this one for a while so I was pleased when the finished result looked somewhat like what I had imagined!


I started by embossing a piece of Crumb cake card with the Northern Flurry embossing folder and sponging over the raised snowflakes with whisper white ink. I then die-cut a snowflake from vellum cardstock using the Snow Flurry bigz die and embossed the pieces using the dots embossing folder, then layered them together with an antique brad in the centre. I couldn't resist adding some pearls (in honour of our fabulous challenge hostess Ann - the queen of pearls!), both on the snowflake as well as on the Crumb Cake panel (ok... I got a bit carried away lol!). The sentiment was stamped with Midnight Muse on a banner created with Crumb Cake card (I sponged around the edges with whisper white ink).

Make sure you stop by the rest of the team to see their fabulous creations...


Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

9 comments:

  1. Stunning creation, Amy! I adore your vellum snowflake and the white sponging gives the perfect combo of snow flurries and vintage. Beautiful job. It's been lovely having you on our team--your work is always amazing and your creativity seems endless! Best to you in 2013 and beyond! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Amy! I love the combination of the vellum snowflake with the crumb cake. Of course, the pearls are the perfect touch ;) Thank you for adding a few for me! I will miss having you on the team. Your talent and creativity knows no bounds! You have been an inspiration to me and so many others. Happy holidays...and please keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely! I love vellum, as well as anything Crumb Cake, AND snowflakes...so how can I not love this card?!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is simply stunning! I absolutely love snowflakes and yours here is exceptional! All those pearls and that lovely antique brad in the center make this snowflake sparkle! Thank you for sharing such sparkling and pretty rustic snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card, I love the big snowflake and the embossing too. Nice touch with the pearls too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, the pearls really add to the snowflake and I love the color scheme. Thank you so much for all of your efforts as part of the design team, it was a pleasure having you as part of the Paper Players
    Happy Holidays
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Amy! Love the softness of the sponging on the crumb cake & the beautiful sheer snowflake. It has been awesome being a teamie with you at The Paper Players. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sad you won't be a PP DT anymore either! I always look forward to your brilliant creations, this card no exception! The whole look is rustic with elegant touches, such as the pearls and the antique brad. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, this is stunning! Love the classy, vintage feel. The pearls really add the perfect touch. Thank you SO much for being a part of the Paper Players team for the past 6 months. I am sad that you are leaving us but I still get to be on another team with you to keep the fun going! Ha! You know I'm a big fan of your work and I think you are awesome! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete