Sunday 21 July 2013

Calypso Butterfly Banners...

Hi there!

I whipped up a card last night for a couple of challenges: the PPA sketch and the Dynamic Duos colour combo...


This one came together pretty quickly with the suggested 'butterfly theme' from Dynamic Duos!


I stamped the Calypso Coral card with the flower from Blooming with Kindness using Calypso Coral ink repeatedly to create the background pattern. The banner strips are from the Modern Medley dsp and I layered a sentiment banner from the hostess set Amazing You over the top one. The butterfly is from Backyard Basics, stamped and embossed with black EP on watercolour paper then die-cut and coloured with an aqua painter and Calypso Coral ink. I layered it on a 1 3/4" circle punch that I pierced around the edge, then onto a doily shape (from the Delicate Doilies Sizzlit die). I couldn't resist adding a few pearls to finish.

That's all for now... I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

14 comments:

  1. I love your DSP you created. The banners are so different and add a lot of interest. Love the paper piercing and that butterfly is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy this is gorgeous, love the background and your beautiful butterfly. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so incredibly beautiful. I love your choice of colors, the "homemade DSP" and how you used the Modern Medley DSP for the banners. And, of course, that butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is this piece of art! I love how you have recreated this sketch, Amy. It is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Amy!! The background is gorgeous, the banners look great and your butterfly is stamped and coloured so beautifully! Amazing.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER lovely!! I love all the lovely entries, this one just popped out to say HELLLO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Amy! I love the background, the banners, the pearls, the butterfly! I love it all! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Amy. So unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eye was drawn to your gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy I just love everything about this card the bright and beautiful DP, the pennants and the pretty butterfly x Just lovely x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nicely done! I can see why it was a winner! I like the banners that you added especially the black polka dot one...it makes this card really pop. Great job with the colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card! Definitely and eye-catcher. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your DD pick- no surprise to me, Amy! Such a great card!!

    ReplyDelete