Friday 27 September 2013

Cherry Cupcakes

Hello!

It's Friday so it's time to mash! This week Erica has a fun colour challenge with a theme...


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with using the colors "Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron & Early Espresso."
  2. Create a project using a "Fruit Image."
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project using the above "Color Combo & a Fruit Image. "

I could only think of ONE stamp set in my collection that had any form of fruit in it so I pulled out Create-a-Cupcake and made some cherry-topped cupcakes...


This card has a lot of stuff going on - still not convinced about the striped paper but it kinda reminds me of a fun candy/ice cream store or something... Oh well, I'm sure someone will like it for their birthday lol!

Two of the papers (the Cherry Cobbler patterns) are from the Season of Style dsp (shows that Stampin' Up's designer paper is so versatile it doesn't just have to be for Christmas!), and I added some Daffodil dsp from Quatrefancy. The cupcakes were stamped onto Whisper White and cut out by hand (still haven't got that punch... keeps getting pushed down my list for other new stuff!), the icing was embossed with the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder for added texture, and the cherries were 'glazed' with Crystal Effects. They cupcakes were layered on a punched scallop circle, which I pierced in each scallop for added interest. The scalloped border was created using one of the Adorning Accents edgelits and the coordinating embossing folder. I sponged around the striped dsp with Cherry Cobbler ink to soften it a little, and layered the sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners over the top.

I used the sketch from the Paper Players this week...



Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Season of Style dsp, Quatrefancy dsp, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Accessories: Crystal Effects, silver mini brads
Tools: Itty Bitty Banner framelits, Beautifully baroque EF, Adorning Accents edgelits & embossing folder, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, piercing tool

Make sure you check out the rest of the DT's 'fruity' creations over at the Friday Mashup this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. Amy, I love that embossed frosting. What a great idea! I love that you popped the "tops", too. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fun layers and little details. I think the striped paper looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card - love how you snuck in the cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a bright and fun card Amy, I love it! The Paper Players sketch sure was popular with us FM girls this week wasnt it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so bright and cheerful! I love this color combination and all your layers!

    ReplyDelete