Friday 6 September 2013

Little Washi Ornaments

Hiya!

It's time for another Friday Mashup challenge, and this week Holly's got a great one...


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with "Washi Tape."
  2. Create a "set of 3x3 Quick Note Cards."
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Set of 3x3 Note Cards using some Washi Tape".
Now I have to admit, I'm a new fan of washi tape, but I'm NOT a fan of 3x3" cards (they just seem a bit useless to me!) - but I thought I would tackle the challenge head on and create a set of little cards that could perhaps be Christmas gift cards or something... We have some great new washi tape available in our seasonal catalogue which was perfect for this project so I decided to make some washi tape ornaments...


And I was quite pleased with how they turned out! I created the ornaments by sticking strips of washi tape to a piece of large strip of Whisper White card, then placed the ornament framelits over the top and ran through my Big Shot to create a bunch of washi ornaments - easy peasy and very quick! I had to add some sparkle so I took out a scrap of Champagne Glimmer paper and die-cut just the tops of the ornaments then glued them over the washi ones. The sentiments are from Teeny Tiny Wishes (cut with the Itty Bitty Banners framelit) and Petite Pairs.

To create the layer behind the ornaments, I cut some Whisper White card with one of the squares framelits, then replaced my cutting mat with the Big Shot crease mat, placed the next smallest framelit over the Whisper White square (cutting edge down) and ran through the Big Shot again... voila! Lovely debossed frame! I made the 3x3" cards out of Cherry Cobbler textured card (also available in the seasonal catty) and added some faux stitching to a couple using the new chalk marker (lots of fun and very easy to use!).

I even made a little box for these...


I'm thinking they will make a cute hostess gift!!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Petite Pairs
Ink: Old Olive
Paper: Cherry Cobbler textured card, Old Olive, Whisper White, Champagne Glimmer
Accessories: Season of Style washi tape, white chalk marker
Tools: Squares framelits, Ornament framelits, Itty Bitty Banner framelits

Make sure you check out the rest of the wonderful washi creations from the design team this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. Love this, Amy! I might have to lift this idea for my next Christmas class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely darling! I love the scored border and the glimmer paper for the tops of the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooooo cute! Such a fun way to use the Washi tape!

    ReplyDelete