Sunday 12 January 2014

Happy Watercolour News...

Hiya!

I have some exciting news to share today... I have been asked to be a Guest Designer for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition 2014!! I was so excited when Connie & Mary asked me and I've had to keep quiet until now but now I can let you know, because today marks the start of Preview Week. During this week you can sign up for the Early Bird price of only $24.95 US (regular price is $29.95 US). You can find out more information about the fabulous projects that will be included in the Spring Edition over at Create with Connie and Mary - make sure you check it out!


To help kick off the Preview Week, the designers are sharing a project featuring the stamp set that they will be using in their Spring Edition tutorial, and for mine I will be using Happy Watercolour from the Spring/Summer catalogue (coming on the 28th of Jan), which is SO pretty and versatile. Here's a card I put together, pairing the stamp set with the coordinating papers and notecards...


The photo isn't as great as I would have liked due to the fact that I had to photograph it at night (my week got away from me!), but you can still see the details. The poppy was coloured with a blender pen and Tangerine Tango ink on watercolour card, then cut out and popped over the top of another image, stamped on Whisper White with the paint 'splodge' (not sure what to call that!) behind. The butterflies were die-cut from Tangerine Tango card and vellum, and I layered the vellum over a couple and left a couple plain - I couldn't resist embellishing with pearls!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Happy Watercolour
Ink: Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Gumbal Green, Stazon
Paper: Watercolour Wonder notecards & dsp, Gumball Green, Tangerine Tango, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Naturals Ivory, Vellum cardstock, watercolour card
Accessories: Pearls
Tools: Decorative label punch, Blender pen, butterflies sizzlit

I used the sketch from Mojo Monday for my layout (although one of the butterflies flew out of position...).

Make sure you head over to Create with Connie and Mary to see what the other designers have created, and to check out the Early Bird special!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

4 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of the sketch! Lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very artistic and I look forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO gorgeous, Amy! I haven't had much luck with this set, but your card is WONDERFUL and has inspired me to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I just love the water colored look. Who doesn't?

    ReplyDelete