Tuesday 7 January 2014

Lovely Summer Garden

Hi there!


This week at the ColourQ we have a pretty colour combo to play with...


I was inspired to play with some new goodies - one of the Sale-a-Bration stamp sets coming at the end of January that you can get for FREE, as well as the Hello Lovely set I received at Convention. I combined them with a favourite of mine - Secret Garden - and came up with this...


I'm loving how this one turned out! I started by stamping a background on the piece of Basic Grey using a couple of the motifs from Hello Lovely. I created a grid using my Simply Scored tool, then lined up the images with the grid and stamped repeatedly - one in Whisper White ink and the other in grey (you can't see much of that one in the card!). I then layered a piece of Summer Starfruit core'dinations card that I had embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder and sanded, over the top, followed by a Cherry Cobbler textured card panel (both of these were layered on Whisper White to make them pop a little more). The sentiment is from the Sale-a-Bration set You're Lovely, embossed with black EP on Whisper White then die-cut with the smallest deco labels framelit and coloured in a little with markers. 

The flowers were stamped on Watercolour card and embossed with white EP, then die-cut using the matching framelits (the outside flowers) and coloured using an aqua brush and ink pads. I used a combination of Tangerine Tango and Real Red to achieve the poppy colour, and used Cherry Cobbler instead of Bravo Burgundy. I stamped each flower a few times then fussy-cut the smaller layers to pop over the top to get a 3D look. The leaves are also from Secret Garden, stamped with Summer Starfruit onto Whisper White then die-cut. 

I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch for the layout (I just rotated it... and added flowers!!):


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: You're Lovely, Hello Lovely, Secret Garden
Ink: Versamark, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Tangeine Tango, Summer Starfruit, Smoky Slate, SU markers
Paper: Basic Grey, Cherry Cobbler Textured, Summer Starfruit core'dinations, Whisper White, watercolour
Accessories: White & black EP
Tools:  Deco labels framelits, Secret Garden framelits, Simply Scored,

Make sure you check out the creations by the rest of the Royal Court this week - you're sure to be inspired!


Thanks for stopping by...







x Amy x



1 comment:

  1. Amy...Your card is gorgeous! Your combination of colors are so bright and cheery! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete