Tuesday 29 July 2014

Flower Patch Awesomeness...

Hiya!

This week at the ColourQ we have a fun Christmas in July combo to play with...


Now I didn't end up making a Christmas card for this challenge for to reasons: 1) I have just run two Christmas in July classes over the last two weekends so I've run out of festive inspiration for the moment [but when I get the new goodies from the Autumn/Winter catty I'm sure inspiration will return in a hurry lol!] and 2) I've just gotten my hands on the Flower Patch set (finally!) and was itching to play! So, here's what I ended up with...


I LOVE this set!! The flowers were stamped with Real Red (the smaller one was stamped off first) and the leaves with Pear Pizzazz, then all images were die-cut with the matching framelits. The background is Naturals White card stamped with the Hardwood background stamp using Crumb Cake ink, then the sentiment stamped over the top with Early Espresso ink. I added some burlap ribbon and white buttons and did some distressing around the edges to add to the slightly shabby look.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Flower Patch, Hardwood
Ink: Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper: Naturals White, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso
Accessories: Burlap ribbon, Neutrals buttons
Tools: Flower Fair framelits, distressing tool

Make sure you check out the designs from the rest of the design team this week - there's a combination of festive and other ideas this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

2 comments:

  1. New stamp set, gotta use it...completely understand!! I love it! I love the bright flowers against the subtle woodgrain background and the touch of burlap for texture. Fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card - no wonder you couldn't resist getting inky with that set ;) Rx

    ReplyDelete